I hope and am very proud of everyone doing a great job! Congratulations to everyone!
These past few days, I noticed that there are a lot of relapses going on and I get to wonder why these things are happening?
Here are some of my observations:
As the length of freedom from PMO increases, so does anxiety.
The longer the freedom from PMO, the more one feels bad about oneself, or partner, or everything.
When relapse occurs, beating oneself and constant anger to oneself and others happen.
WHY ARE THESE FEELINGS HAPPENING?
Although RECOVERY is not an easy thing to do, I think the key to the success of our RECOVERY is to DISCOVER how OUR BRAIN/MIND/THOUGHTS work.
As I have said in my previous blogs, it is how we see/perceive things that will help us through our recovery. If we Relapse, that is because we are NEGATIVE about every situation that is going on. Take for example, when it is been 30 days since the last PMO, we have temptations and sex thoughts running on our minds. Most of the time, we beat ourselves up for having those thoughts. That is a NEGATIVE reaction.
How can we turn around to POSITIVE reaction?
We should accept the fact that during our Recovery, temptations would really come and go on our minds because of our Gollum self that tries to strike us to Relapse during our anxious moments. So how we are we gonna react to it?
When these thoughts come running around your mind, don't immediately react. Take deep breaths and ask yourself the following:
1. What do I really want to happen?
2. Do I really need to go back to PMO?
3. If I goback to PMO, will I really feel good or better about myself?
4. Will I truly be happy when I do these things?
Then Thank GOD (or whatever you believe in) or Thank Yourself for being faced with temptations because:
1. Temptations remind you that you are already a stronger person compared to your addicted person before.
2. You finally know what you really want in life, and that you are on your way to Recovery
3. You are now aware of how you think, during what instance you think about things, and that makes you more conscious on how you react to things.
4. And that you are able to count more of your blessings. And being able to feel good about yourself.
I would like to advice that we start our days counting the blessings we enjoy. That will make our day more positive, and to be able to appreciate everything that we have.
my dearest friends!