Thank you for taking our survey.
page not found. An error occured.
by William Shakespeare
Th’expense of spirit in a waste of shame
Is lust in action; and, till action, lust
Is perjured, murd’rous, bloody, full of blame,
Savage, extreme, rude, cruel, not to trust;
Enjoyed no sooner but despised straight;
Past reason hunted, and no sooner had,
Past reason hated as a swallowed bait
On purpose laid to make the taker mad;
by Victor Hugo
Man is the most elevated of creatures,
Woman the most sublime of ideals.
God made for man a throne; for woman an altar.
The throne exalts, the altar sanctifies.
Man is the brain,
Woman, the heart.
The brain creates light, the heart, love.
Light engenders, love resurrects.
Men are like....
- Want to know why 260 million years of evolutionary biology are stacked against you when you seek a loving, long-term relationship?
- Wondering how to outmaneuver biology for better results in your love life?
- Curious about what ancient sacred sex texts have in common with recent neuroscience?
- Wondering why "sexless marriages are an epidemic" these days?
- Want to learn how an intimate relationship can help you overcome an addiction?
Dissertation by Mary Sharpe, Cambridge University
This paper (pdf file) looks at love and lust from four different angles that have influenced our modern thinking: Old Testament, New Testament, Classical Greek thought and Gnostic Christian literature.
"Contents" and "Introduction" of Peace Between the Sheets
TABLE OF CONTENTS
"If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It" 2
"But Sex with Orgasm Is Normal" 3
"You Just Have to Find the Right Person" 6
Peace Between the Sheets 7
Part I : Why
CHAPTER 1 WHY DO WE FALL OUT OF LOVE?
Getting Hooked on Avoiding Orgasm 15
Tell Me It Isn’t True 17
The Hidden Hangover 19
The Writing on the Wall 23